Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving VAL Board 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman2

MIS
May 7, 1999
US
If I move a val board from 01D03 to 01B04 will I lose all the wav files. I don't think so and will also back up to lap top in case.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I would think you would have to move all your translations to the new board location though...

Announcement 1234 is currently on Group/Board 1D03 - you're going to have to change the translations to 1B04...

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Your correct, almost forgot. The recording will still be there correct?

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Should be... You can find them using VAL manager if you remove the translations from CM.

I once bought a used Announcement board (some years ago), and put it in my system and using VAL Manager I saw all the old companies announcements on there - I associated an extension and added the announcement name (as it was listed in VALMGR) and bingo I was playing their announcements...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

If you add the VAL board to an audio group, you can then change the announcements to the audio group, then you can move the board at will, by changing the board number once in the audio group form...

gblucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back