Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving users to new domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmans

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2003
US
I need to move several users from domain old.com to domain new.com. The company is splitting and some of the users will be moving. The new.com domain (new domain) will be on a new Exchange 2007 server. All users are currently using Outlook 2007 but are connected to an Exchange 2003 server. There is no trust between old.com and new.com. I will be disjoining the users computers from old.com and joining them to new.com and copying local profiles over. The question is, what's best practice for keeping all of their Outlook 2007 email once they move to the new Exchange 2007 Server? Should I archive it locally then retrieve from the archive once on the new domain? I've tried this in a test lab and have problems with the contacts. Is there a good way to do this? Thanks all !!!!!!

Do it right the first time, and there won't be a second time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back