Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving users from one domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmetteauer

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2001
We have 4 NT 4.0 servers on our network in I guess 3 domains. I am new to NT and would like to know the easiest way to consolidate our system into one domain. One domain has a PDC & BDC setup while the other two servers are listed as stand-alones in a domain called Applications which has no PDC. Each of the "Application domain" servers has a list of users. Will I have to reinstall NT 4.0 to get both of them changed over AND can it be done without reentering the users?

Thanks in advance

Your 'standalones' are more likely to be in a workgroup with 'local' users setup by the sound of it. If this is correct the other two servers should be able to join the domain as member servers using Network Properties Identification.
You can check the Domain\Workgroup status on the network properties dialog (Control Panel|Network)

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back