Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving to new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
Hello all,
We are currently running ISA 2004 on a Windows server 2003 std box. Well, the old server is starting to show its age, and we have a new server to replace it with. We do not have the upgrade license for ISA 2006, so we are going to continue with ISA 2004.

What is the best way to get this new server in place, with all the old rules/config of the old server?

Thanks everyone.

1. export the full configuration (including private information)
2. adjust the configuration file to match any different network settings on new server (and new name)
3. import old configuration into server

i wouldnt think this should be any different than duplicating rules to a new ISA array member

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE:Security00/03
MCSA:Messaging00
MCSA:Security03
A+

Hi all,
WEll, I was able to successfully export and import the config to the new server. (The main admin left, so I have assumed responsibility)
Anyways, I noticed that the ISA service would not start. I get error messages in event viewer stating it could not start due to it running on a computer with more than 4 processors...

It is installed on a new Dell server with dual quad-core processors....

Is there a way to get this to work? Do I have to upgrade to a new version of ISA? If so, what version should I be looking at to make it work?

Thanks again...

Thanks.. The old admin had the setup all messed up.
I had d/l SP#, it woudl not install at all. So, I tried SP2, that went in, but then the Firewall service refused to start.

I finally just un-installed ISA, re-installed it clean, installed SP3, then manually re-created the rules that were enabled on the old server.

I tested it on a few workstations, web was fine. I will test in production in a few days,, but it looks like it should be all set...

Now, what is the easiest way to get all the old clients to use this new server....

My thought ws, when I test and it works like it should,,, I was going to delete the old proxy's computer account in AD, then rename this one to the same name as the old proxy,,

Is that the best way to go? Will that mess up any internal namings/mappings on the Proxy or msde db that was installed?

Thanks again everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back