Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving to new server on SBS 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipersp

MIS
Apr 1, 2002
US
We currently have a client running SBS4.5 on an OLD server. We'd like to upgrade the hardware and stay with SBS4.5 (Too much green stuff to upgrade to SBS2000 and aggrivation) If we HAVE to, we will, but. . .

Anyway, since you can't make a SBS BDC, and we don't want to recreate all users, groups, etc., we're kind of stuck for ideas. We'd LIKE to backup and restore the server, but we fear it won't boot on the new controller. We're going with a Compaq 5300 controller and that won't work in the old server, or I'd introduce it to the old server, then do the backup (If that would give us a fighting chance.)

Any other thoughts?

Well you might be able to ghost it to a new server with different hardware. Contact Symantec and speak to sales/tech support about it. I know you can ghost to a new PC with different hardware, of course I realize the complexities of SBS with all the applications, but its worth a shot.

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back