Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving to dual server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzer

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2000
GB
I'm currently running a small Citrix PS 4.5 system one server with 50 users. I'd like to introduce a second server for two reasons, one for redundancy and two so that we can further increase our number of users.

I'm looking for some tips on the best way to go about this - at the moment all of the users desktops and documents are stored on the one server, so i'm guessing i need to relocate these onto a different server so that they could be accessed by the users regardless of which server they connect to?

Any other tips about how i should go about moving from a single server, to two (or more!) would be very much appriciated!

Regards
James

IF you dont have an access gateway then you will need TWO pulic ip`s for NAT. :)

Allen White MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP
IT Problems? the fix may be here

sp thats if your using the alternative connection method

Allen White MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP
IT Problems? the fix may be here

We're not using an access gateway at the moment, all the servers and users are on our internal network, there is no access inbound from the internet.

Thanks
James

Wizzer do you have roaming profiles set on the AD accounts or do you have separate profiles when users log into Citrix rather than onto a normal PC?
Either way you probably want to look at roaming profiles with the profile data held on a separate server, and possibly folder redirection as well so the My Documents and desktop crap are never brought down to the Citrix server.

If we don't want to use roaming profiles for the entire environment. I usually implement a loopback policy that only applies the roaming profile on the Citrix servers. That way you don't have to apply roaming profiles company wide.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back