Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving to a new SAN device

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwings

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
Hello all,

Just have a quick question... I am moving all my data to a new SAN device and losing my connection to the old device. I have one part I am not sure on what to do with it:

LV NAME LPs PPs DISTRIBUTION MOUNT POINT
loglv01 1 1 00..01..00..00..00 N/A

Can this be deleted and will it be recreated on the new SAN or do I have to do something else with it? I have already moved all the other file systems and I am ready to remove my connection to this old SAN system.

Thanks for any info.

A log device is created for the volume group and you can recreate it if you want after your move. Just make sure your filesystems are unmounted.

Hi

You can add a SAN-NEW Disk to the SAN-OLD vg and do a migratepv
If the Volumes resides in different VG then you can do a cplv, ( Update /etc/filesystems ! )
Is the Logvolume a jfs log ? if yes you can create a new lv in same size and format the lv with logform for jfs logging use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back