Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving to a frame in an embedded movie????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahjane28

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
US
Please excuse me because I am just learning Flash,

I have a swf movie that I imported into another Flash Movie - When you roll the mouse over a button on the new movie I want it to go to a specific frame in the embedded movie.

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Sarah

When you say imported, do you actually mean you loaded an external movie in another main movie?
If so, did you load it in a container clip or on another level? What code did you use?

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

I imported a swf into the main movie,and placed it on it's own level in that movie - I could send you the fla. file for the main movie if that would help.

Thanks,
Sarah :)

So I understand you loaded (not imported! - And let's call it "import.swf" for now...) an external movie in another main movie. You say you loaded it on it's own level Not layer?)... What was the exact code you used?
Last you're saying... If I roll over a button in the presently called "import.swf", I want the main movie (in which this other is loaded into...) to go to a specific frame, right?

You could e-mail me both of your .flas, zipped up and in MX only format, not MX2004. Hit my handle for my e-mails and send it to the second one, if you need to do so.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back