Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving the Attd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arugg

MIS
Sep 14, 2004
US
I was curious if it is possible to move where 0 rings to? And if what might be involved in moving the 2250 Console set.

two data pair and usually 2 power pair.. you don't need power unless the lamps are to dim.. to redirect 0, prt the dnb to see how it is programed.. if it is the atdn, make the atdn a vacant number.. make 0 a maxp 1 acd ncfw to any number in the switch.. that give you a flexable dial 0 target that can be changed on the fly... if my consoles went down by changing the ncfw of a single acdn, dial 0 can go to any working dn without disabling any station

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanx JP. I'm not sure I completely understand. The console has a large cable in the back of it, not the standard RJ11 type. If I don't use the console to dim lights (which I don't), then can I program the console to any digital port?

let me re-type that..

if the lcd's the operators see are to dim, then you need a power tn from the switch to the 2250.. the cable is a 25 pair with an amphanol connector... your console uses the 1st 2 pair in that cable,,, white blue pair is the primary tn, white orange is the secondary.. if you need power it uses the red/blue-red orange pair... the rest are spare

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i have installed consoles (2250's) on a single 4 pair station wire.. with two pair left over..

if the consloe is less then 100 ft from the switch, you do not need power

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

So...Let me see if I understand. If I wire it correctly, I can replace a 2616 with the 2250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back