Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving tables from one schema to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehspacl

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2002
GB
Dear All,

Can anyone tell me how to move a table from one schema to another. Can't seems to find the command anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

It's just that all the tables in the db except 3 are in the same schema. Just wanted them all in the same schema.
Thanks anyway

Paul

True, could do this as well.
Thanks
Paul

Ehspacl (and others),

Hold on...there certainly is a command to move a table from one tablespace to another (and to do it very rapidly (i.e., using parallel processors and avoid writing redo). You will be amazed at how quickly this command processes tables:
Code:
alter table <table_name> move parallel nologging tablespace <new tablespace name>;
I have a SQL script that writes a SQL script to move entire schemas or tablespaces to another tablespace. The added advantage of such a move it that it eliminates the "Swiss cheese holes" that result over time from deleting/updating rows.

Let me know if this is what you wanted.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA @ 15:58 (21Apr04) UTC (aka "GMT" and "Zulu"), 08:58 (21Apr04) Mountain Time)

Dave, glad to see you!
The original question was about changing table owner, not location.

Oh, I know, you're more than busy now :)

Regards, Dima

Duh !!! I must be so busy that I cannot even read the thread properly. Sorry for the "unrelated response". And yes, "paying customers" have been keeping me away from my beloved Tek-Tips for days (but I am sneaking a visit now for a few minutes). Thanks, Dima, for your watchful "quality-assurance" eye.

Regards,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA @ 16:50 (21Apr04) UTC (aka "GMT" and "Zulu"), 09:50 (21Apr04) Mountain Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back