Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Quorum to a local disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmorris123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have recently completed a SAN migration of W2K servers from an IBM ESS to an EMC Clariion.... however... when migrating we received problems with different driver versions leading to some devices not installing. EMC have given us a fix but it requires removing connections to the SAN and all driver elements and then reinstalling fresh. This is fine for 99% of servers except for the lovely cluster boxes which will quite happily rename the disk signatures when the connections are restored, leaving me with a headache!

I was looking into adding a physical disk into Node A and powering off node B.... once done I was hoping I might be able to create a temp resource so I can move the quorum... however I am unable to add the local disk as a resource (assuming because it's not on a shared bus as it doesn't have a drop down option for the drive when adding a disk resource)

Any ideas on how I might be able to do this without affecting clustering? Is it possible to keep node b down, perform the work on Node A (knowing that clustering will fail when new signatures are given to the disks). Then bring down node A and power up node B (which should still be fine and will start the cluster as the only node available) and then bring Node A up to join the cluster and transfer the registry info???

Sorry that this is a bit of a long winded one but all feedback is appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back