Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Printer Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

snight123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2007
GB
HI,

I have had a Sco 5.0.6 box for a few years now and visionfs is set up on it to print to multiple printers that are attached to the network by HP Jetdirect boxes.

I now have a new Sco 6 box which i am using for development, what i want to do is to transfer the configurations of all the printers on my 5.0.6 box to my 6 box.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

I think you'll be finished sooner if you just recreate the printers on the new box. VisionFS is no longer in the picture, but I don't see where that would be involved with configuring standard JetDirect-attached printers. SCO6 includes /usr/lib/hpnp/hpnpcfg just like SCO5. Once the printers are configured, you can re-store the actual printer interface file from the old system (in case it was special). They will be located here:
/usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/model.orig

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back