Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving PowerCenter repository to another box....

Status
Not open for further replies.

copernicus72

Programmer
Jul 28, 2009
CA
Hello,

I had installed Informatica and Oracle database on a PC1 but due to lack of physical memory my PC1 has been swapping in/out causing huge surge in CPU, I have another PC2 where I created another database and copied the repository user from PC1 to PC2, I changed the connect string in the admin console-> repository -> ....

but If I shutdown the Oracle database on PC1 I am unable to connec to admin console etc ...it some how seems to be still connecting to PC1 database and not to PC2 database, though the connect string in admin console is pointing to PC2.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem ?

Thanks,
S.A.

The server is hard-coded in the repository. You'll need to find the tables that have that and change them. I don't remember off-hand which one's they are - i think they have 'data' in the names.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Not sure what platform you're on, but I'm assuming they offer the same type of commands. You can move the object repository database and easily point it to other places, but if you're making changes to the domain repository, you'll need to stop all informatica processes make changes to the configuration and bring it back up.

This is basically the command we use to make the changes on our domain (AIX). On a PC, it will be a infasetup.bat file.

./infasetup.sh UpdateGatewayNode -da [new database host]:[new database port] -du [new database user] -dp [new database password -dt [database type i.e. db2] -ds [new database name]

Forgot to add that I'm not sure what version of PowerCenter you're on so you mileage may vary.

We're currently using 8.6.1 (our first implementation) and the usage can be found in the electronic documentation in the PowerCenter Command Reference manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back