Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving people to different OU’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3lvin

Technical User
Jan 13, 2008
GB
Hey There,

I need to know how to move someone from one OU to another. The way I do it at the moment works, but their user.id does not update! So it is effectively pointless and end up having to create a new user. Can somebody tell me the best way to migrate someone please. Bellow is the way I do it but do not think its all correct.

• People & Groups Tab
• Select People on the left and find the person you want to move
• Then under Tools select Rename
• Select Request Move to New Certifier
• Choose the current Certifier (E.g. if I’m moving someone from customer services to elsewhere choose the CS certifier
• Select the new OU you want the user in
• OK
• Files Tab > Open up the admin request database (admin4.nsf)
• Open up name move requests
• Select the person you moved
• Select the certifier ID that you are moving him to
• Enter the certifier password
• Go into all requests by name to see the changes happen
• Go to Server Tab, Server tasks
• Tools > Tell… > Tick on All requests > OK
• Or Run ‘Tell adminp all’ in server console
• Both ways will update

We are using Lotus Domino 6.5
Thanks!

Where is the user.id - in the NAB or on the client?

Currently its in the NAB but as soon as I try and migrate them to a different OU the user.id is no longer in the NAB

Is there a cross-certificate between the OU's address books?

Thanks for replying back. What is a cross certificate? How would I know if I have one or not

I'm not real clear on it either (the only time I've had to deal with cross-certificates is when I install an app signed by another OU), but if I recall correctly each OU has a certificate, and for two OUs to correctly communicate a cross-certificate would need to be created from those two certificates. In the Admin program, on the Configuration tab, the tools on the right list "Cross-certify". Any other Domino admins can please chime in if I'm off-base here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back