Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Outlook.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisegi

Technical User
Aug 26, 2003
CA
HI!

Can anyone help me...I recently just installed a new hard drive, I'm trying to move outlook (with all my old emails , contact lists and settings from my old hard drive) to the new one.... any suggestions?

Thx

Rey

Hi,

The Outlook mailbox is in a file with a .PST extension (if you are not on an Exchange system). The contacts list is included in the PST if you use Outlook 2000 or later, but if not, look for a CONTACTS.WAB file.

Just copy them and change the settings in your outlook profile on your new PC.

John

John,

Were do you copy them to???? I had issues today to move them
but I had no luck moving them.

TIA,

jp

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

I know that is where the PAB is located. PAB is your personal address book. Hope that helped

Also, to create and to export a PST file open outlook, goto file - import export - export to file - Personal Folder File (.pst) - Select the folder you want to save. Then save the file to the location where I said above. After that, goto the file, put it in a locatoin you will be able to access after you made that PST file. Goto outlook, file import export, then import the PST file you created. You will do that with each folder you would like to save. If you need help adding your personal address book back to your new outlook, please respond asking SO i will let you know how!

errrr, wrong location for that PST. It will put it to:
C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Check there first to see if there is a existing PST file :)

Start Outlook.
Quit Outlook.
Look for Outlook.pst on your hard drive.
Replace it.
Re-input your email account settings.
Bingo.

It is located C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
I was just tellin him how to get it another way. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back