Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Outlook emails to ACT 2007 Notes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danzebub

Technical User
Aug 28, 2007
US
Recently I tried to set ACT and Outlook to interact by setting up ACT email to access Outlook when I click on an email field in ACT. That worked fine and would open an Outlook email box with the address in it.
Next I set up Outlook so it would transfer notes to ACT by the directions on his website; When I built the ACT address book, I could no longer send emails from Outlook, everytime I would open a new email and click "To" so I could add an email address, Outlook would lock up and shutdown.
I did get the transfer to work once but then it quit.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm all [bigears]

I've run into issues with Outlook 2003 + ACT 2007 integration and have been able to resolve most if not all by deleteing / reconfiguring the ACT Address Book. Make sure the username and password are correct when you set this up.

Also, double check that microsoft word is not set as your email editor. (Under Outlook > Tools > Options | Mail Format tab.)

~Melagan
______
"It's never too late to become what you might have been.

Melegan,

I already had the Word editor off so I'll check settings in the created ACT address book in Outlook. Before I deleted it, I was also getting some kind of error, so we'll see if it comes back.

I'll try to give as much info as possible with this challenge. I've reloaded the ACT address book and gone into Outlook options and have the ACT Tab again. I've gone to the History Option and set it as "Record history" and "Entire email as attached". Closed Outlook and reopened. I have Outlook composing mail as HTML.
Previously I set up ACT email so if I click on an email field, it opens an Outlook email box. This works for anyone but my record which opens an email box but no address inserted.

In Outlook I try highlighting an email in my inbox and clicking on the ACT icon, it opens I choose a contact (from ACT) and hit OK. When I check ACT no text is added. I am not getting any type of error at this time.

I've also check Outlook for disabled items (it was there in my orginal attempt) and there is nothing disabled.

The Outlook error says that Outlook has stopped working and when I open the detail this is what is found;
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 11.0.8118.0
Application Timestamp: 456628bf
Fault Module Name: StackHash_cc4c
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c000001e
Exception Offset: 056504e1
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: cc4c
Additional Information 2: 38ac1adff7efe8e1bcd69b14a1757786
Additional Information 3: 7a3f
Additional Information 4: 6f374a7b16cd81b3981c6f8b81e7be7d

Read our privacy statement:

Previously I set up ACT email so if I click on an email field, it opens an Outlook email box. This works for anyone but my record which opens an email box but no address inserted."
Which is how it should work

You have said "Entire email as attached" - this means attach the email as a link. It will NOT [ut the test from the body of the email this way. Also, it can take a couple of minutes to attach the file (text or not) as it does it in the background so as not to interfere with your work. Finally, it would be in the Hitory tab, not the Notes tab

Where do you get the outlook error

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Mike,

1) Maybe we should focus on what I consider the biggest issue, when in Outlook and I want to send a new or forward an existing email. I try clicking on the "To" to bring up addresses and that is when Outlook locks up, shuts down and give me an option of seeing the problem, that is what was copied earlier above. At that point Outlooks shuts down... no option. I'm going to try runnging and fix and repair for both Outlook and ACT... couldn't hurt.

2) I'm not seeing any email copied to ACT. I've even tried from in ACT, clicking on the contact's email address, the email box opens and I can see a new option of recording or not recording the email. It sends the email but there is not record in notes for that contact.

Mike,
Thanks for sticking with me on this, it did finally register that transferred emails and attachments are viewed in ACT history not notes. They are transferring correctly.

My challenge now is to resolve the shut down every time I try to send any email in Outlook. The page you sent me to is for ACT 6, so I'm looking for ACT 9/2007 and Outlook 2003. From reading the link you sent, I'm wondering if I do need a hotfix. When I look at this site;
... it will not let me download since I'm not logged in.

When I look at the bottom of the page there is another hotfix for Vista... which I'm also using.

What I orginally thought was an easy is getting more complex.

OK... I've loaded the hotfix but I still have the issue with when I try to use Outlook/New/ and click on "To", so here is the message. I've tried doing a couple of things and the numbers change but it's basically the same every time.

Instruction at "0x088f9f36" referenced memory at "0x000000e0". The memory could not be "read".

Next time;
Instruction at "0x43bacce4" referenced memory at "0x0000004". The memory could not be "read".

Just wanted to say thanks to people like Mike Lazerus for their suggestions. I did find out that the issue was with my database being corrupt. Basically over the years with upgrading to newer programs and upgrading the old database, I had info other than email addresses in the email address field. By removing or correcting those handfull of itmes, the issues was resolved.

Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back