Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving or Copying Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidKB

Technical User
Sep 3, 2011
US
I'm in the middle of auditing user accounts in Content Server in which part of the process is to migrate data from user Personal Workspaces into a specified location for their managers to view. When I try to copy or move Projects I receive an error (simply says Not Completed- Error Moving 'project name' to 'new location'). Is there some sort of workaround that would allow me to move these projects? There are quite a few of them.

Thank you so much!

are these Project Livelink Projects of subtype 202 or regular folders that you are calling projects?
You can immediately understand a project by the fact that if you take the dataid of the object and run this query

select * from DTree where DataID= <DataID> if the subtype says 202 then its a LL project subtype
also visually if you are in a project you should have a Project Menu,Outline and a lot of bells and whistles.

If they are Projects Projects have strict rules but I have not heard they cannot be moved.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi Appnair, yes I believe they are the "subtype 202" projects (there is a Project Menu among other options when inside of one). It's quite strange, it appears to only be the Projects I am unable to move. Every other file/folder in user Personal Workspaces are copying over fine. I've tried using Enterprise Connect but receive the same error message.

If you can upgrade your user id to one of a "System Admin" and try that or if you have access to the 'Admin' user to log in,just to rule out permissions. If that works the problem is probably permission based rule that out using proper permissions. Projects and especially sub projects insist on certain rules.When you are in a Project click help for that page in the help menu and it will explain the rules of engagement viz a vis for projects.If even higher permissions cause that error I would start collecting debug logs(thread & connect) and start looking at more closely.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back