Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving of site causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyApp

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
GB
We have just had to move our Intranet onto a different server. The server we have moved to is also our SQL server and holds 99% of the databases that run from the intranet.

If we try and run the front ends now we get an error and the line is part of the Visual InterDev constructed recordset. It says it's the line that sets the cursor location?? I've changed it to client and server and neither seem to have any effect.

Just below that line is where the recordset calls the Global.asa file which I think is more likely to be the problem.

Has anyone come across this before? "Life is like a Ferrari, it goes to fast.
But that's ok, because you can't afford it anyway" - Jim Davis (Garfield)

Oddly enough, I've always had the exact same problem when making a global connection to a database via the global.asa file. I've always ended up creating a new project on the target server, copied the code from the old global.asa and pasted that into the new global.asa, then copied all of the files over into the new project. That always seems to work, but I know it's not the correct solution. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back