Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving my webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgsresearch

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
I am thinking about changing ISP's, and want to know the safest way to copy down the latest page. I am not sure how to do this. I recently took over our page am not sure of the SAFEST way to save down a copy in case something happens during the transfer.
In summary, I'd like to have a copy of the latest page saved down to a local drive.

You can publish it down to the hard drive. Open the live web site in front page (File>Open Web>type in the address of the web site). Click the publish button and when the dialog box opens, click the Browse button. You can then select where you want it to be published to. It may ask you if you want to create a web. Click Yes.

Linda Adams
Visit my web site for writing and Microsoft Word tips: Official web site for actor David Hedison:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back