Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Mailboxes between sites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianglynn

MIS
Jul 3, 2002
FR
Does anyone know if it is possible to move mailboxes between sites rather than just within a site?

I have one to move and I am lossing my hair trying to do it.
Yes I started of looking like a werewolf and now I look like Ghandi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ian.glynn@lawsonmardon.com

hi, we use exmerge the problem is that users have coplained that they are missing emails. What we have done is download all the users email after an exmerge has been done then import the pst back into the users mailbox....

works everytime!!!!

We used exmerge on a number of occasions to export a mail account (or multiple mail accounts) to PST files, and it worked flawlessly. We then did imports to a new Exchange server through Outlook that had been set up on a server with admin privs so that we could access any email account from a single standpoint. It was kind of cool, because the users would be in Outlook, and their email would just kind of "show up" since we were importing from another machine. It was a slow process, but it was centralized, so we didn't have to travel from machine to machine.

Of note was that the import process seemed to ignore html formatting in email messages. Users that would go back to a specific email to click a link for a website found that the links were no longer there. That was our only complaint.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back