Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Licensing from IP500v2 Preferred Edition to Server Edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtactics

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2014
US
I am trying to quote a Server Edition for an existing Avaya customer. They have an IPO500v2 R11.1 at the moment, and want to move to Server Edition (Virtual). Does anyone know if I can transfer any of the existing licenses to SE, and for that matter - how? I'm hoping Power User, Additional VM Pro Port, SIP trunk, and IP Endpoint licenses could be transferred.

Additionally, I would like to host everything on AWS. Currently their Application Server is hosted at AWS, and IP Office is on site. If we move to host everything on AWS will I need separate paid licenses for the virtual App Server, and IPO SE?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Do you have access to PLDS?

If so you can just create a new host with the ID from the SE and rehost across the licenses you have mentioned.

You will need a virtual SE license for the SE.
Is it a large deployment? All the app you get on the app server are on the SE so probably no need for a separate app server, therefore 1 SE license and 1 AWS instance.

Maybe 2 SE licenses. If the existing IP500 V2 is working fine, it can be turned into a Server Edition expansion server and so let you keep all the legacy ports that it is already providing (plus some continued local operation should the AWS connection be down).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you both for the help.

I do have access to PLDS, so I will plan on rehosting that way. I have done this from 500v2 cabinet to 500v2 cabinet before, but never to a SE, so I wasn't sure what would move over.

This is a deployment of about 60 users, so not large, but all of them will be moving to softphones and One-X Mobile so I think you're right I can host all on 1 instance/server.

Sizbut - I'm glad you said that, as I forgot to mention the 500v2 cabinet needs to be maintained for analog conference phone capabilities. It sounds like that requires a second SE license? Would it be one virtual and one physical license (for the 500v2) then? Failover to the 500v2 would be a big selling point. Also another thing I haven't done before though. I would imagine the 500v2 could support failover for 60 extensions, and I could possibly have the SIP trunks registered there as well for the failover... am I thinking right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back