Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Key Server/VM Pro to a new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
I'd like to move my Feature Key Server and VM Pro installation from one machine to another, I think I have the steps outlined, but wanted to verify with you guys.

Export call flows from vmPro
Backup the Accounts, Greetings, Names, and WAVS folder from the "\Avaya\Voicemail Pro\VM" folder

Install Feature Key Server and VM Pro on new machine
Stop vmPro services
Drop saved folders from above into new program files structure
Start vmPro services
Import call flows

Update IP Office config with new ip address of feature key server and VMPro server under the system section in manager

Is this basically the gist? Is there anything I'm missing?

Sounds like you pretty much have it covered...

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

You forgot to mention the step of actually moving the licence dongle, don't forget to do that :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

ah, thanks, almost forgot about that silly thing.

I'm confident jschweg had that one covered, considering it was one of the main focal points. haha...never can be too sure, though.

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back