Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving home/office ISDN to Roadrunner VPN - what works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtnpsi

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
I presently have my home LAN connected to my office's LAN via an ISDN link with a couple of LinkSys ISDN routers. The home LAN has a W2K DC for home.corp.org and the office LAN has a W2K DC for corp.org. The office LAN uses 10.0/16 and the home LAN uses 10.3/16. The office Linksys ISDN router is behind (inside) the office firewall. The office firewall is Raptor 6.5 (which does NOT have VPN capability). The office connects to an ISP via T1.

So...what's required if I want to move to a VPN connection over Roadrunner cable modems? What routers? Will I need a fixed IP address for my cable "modem"? What can I use at the office to enable VPN in parallel with our Raptor firewall? Will I be able to access other Internet sites from my home LAN (not just the office systems)?

BTW: I prefer an outboard hardware approach rather than a W2K software solution for either end, even if the upfront cost is more.

MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back