Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving from Windows NT Server to 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertParnhamUK

Programmer
Aug 19, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have an access application split with front end and back end databases. The backend was installed on a windows nt domain server and the client computers were windows 2000.

The server was upgraded to Windows 2000 server and now the program continualy generates errors in bits of code which have always worked before. Network or disk error is a favorite but other random errors have also been appearing.

Does anyone know of this and more importantly how to fix it?

Any and all help is really appricated.

Rob

Errors like that really bite. Although I haven't experienced your EXACT error, I've seen several that have occured in basically the same way. I have given up on really trying to correct them. Typically creating a completely BLANK database, relinking the tables, and importing all of the forms, queries, etc. from the original typically solves these problems.

I know this isn't really a solution - but it's a quick shot a fix.

Hope it works for you!

Thanks for that. I did it and it seems to work, so it'll do for me!

Many thanks

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back