Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving from FckEditor to AjaxControlToolKit HTMLEditor one big question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbodger

Programmer
Apr 23, 2007
US
I have this setup right now using the FckEditorV2 (all inherited code and I know classic asp, learning ASP.Net)

in my .aspx file

Code:
<fck:FCKeditor runat="server" ID="txtComments" Width="98%" ToolbarSet="Basic" Visible="false"/>

replaced with
Code:
<ajaxEdit:Editor runat="server" ID="txtComments" AutoFocus="false" />

not a problem and the assembly is included at the top of the page, the problem is here in my aspx.cs file
Code:
    /// <summary>
    /// Determines if any of the elements of dv are still in draft mode, if so then assigns it 
    /// to the past in text box and assigns that records id to the accompaning hident filed
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="dv">Dataview containint multilpw rows with 2 fields beint "UserText" and "IssueTextID"</param>
    /// <param name="txtField">Text box control that is to have text displayed in it if determined a draft mode item</param>
    /// <param name="hidField">will contain the data identifying row found from "IssueTextID"</param>
    private void setTextBoxes(DataView dv, [b]FCKeditor txtField[/b], HiddenField hidField)
    {
        if (dv != null)
        {
            foreach (DataRowView drv in dv)
            {
                if ((drv["Active"].ToString() == "0") &&
                     (drv["LastUpdatedBy"].ToString() == servInfo.userInfo.ID))
                {
                    txtField.Value = drv["UserText"].ToString();
                    hidField.Value = drv["IssueTextID"].ToString();
                    drv.Delete();
                }
            }
        }
    }

which is called via

Code:
                dv = issue.getDataGrid(IssueText.ActionTypesV2.WORKLOG);
                if (!issue.isActive())
                {
                    setTextBoxes(dv, txtComments, hidCommentsText);
                }

How do I get the call FCKeditor txtField in setTextBoxes to use the text box control associated with the ajaxcontroltoolkit HTML Editor rather than the fckEditor? I tried HTMLEditor and anything starting with ajax instead of FCKEditor and none of them seemed to work. Do you need to see more of the code, what am I missing here?

Thanks,
wb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back