Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving from Attachmate to Bluezone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash171

Programmer
Sep 5, 2014
US
Hey guys, my company is moving from Attachmate to Bluezone. I was wondering if there are any forums for Bluezone so that I can start rewriting all of my macros. Does anyone have any advice? Is there a forum that is as good as this one for Bluezone? Or should I just take the plunge and start using excel for everything?

Hi,

Well I'd start with Rocket Bluezone/Passport VB HELP. That's what I did when first starting with Attachmate Extra VB.

what's this mean???
"Or should I just take the plunge and start using excel for everything?"

Frankly I used Excel VBA to manipulate the Attachmate Extra I/O. But what does this have to do with re-writing Extra VB macros???

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

So far, the only VBA I use is the Attachmate VBA and not the Excel VBA to manipulate the Attachmate Extra I/O. (I hope I worded that correctly)

I was wondering if I should just start using Excel to manipulate Bluezone.

I think that would be a good move, but it does not solve your issue of converting Extra VB to Bluezone Object VBA in Excel.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Crash171,
fwiw,
Bluezone has their own scripting language but you should be able to use "most" of Extra Basic for your needs. There will be a few hiccups as there are subtle differences. You would need to figure out a workaround.
The Bluezone interface is not as robust or friendly as Extra Attachmate.

if you are going to use Excel, be aware that there may be an issue with 64bit Office.

good luck!

ps. you can be the first one to start a Bluezone forum ! [bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back