Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluppeke

Programmer
Aug 30, 2006
BE
Dear Colleagues,

I have write a program in vfp7 sp1.
No problem with it.
What really is a problem is that on the pc's with desktop speficiation windows xp style i can't move the forms.
On those with windows classic style no problem.
All the users are on pc's with windows xp sp2 and they would like to hold the specification windows xp because of the colors

Any suggestions are very welcome

wfg,

Filip Merlier

>> What really is a problem is that on the pc's with desktop speficiation windows xp style i can't move the forms.

VFP 7.0 was created prior to XP and has no support for XP Themes - that I am pretty sure, is the cause of your problems.

I am afraid that I don't know any solution, other than to either run in Windows Classic (i.e. no theme mode) or to upgrade to a version of VFP (either 8.0 or, better yet, 9.0) that DOES incorporate support for Themes.

----
Andy Kramek
Visual FoxPro MVP

We have customers with VFP7 apps in usage on WinXP clients and no problems with Themed forms. The controls still are rendered in classic style, but titlebar is themed and movable.

If the problem is a themed look of the whole applications surely VFP8 is the minimum.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back