Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving existing documents in Open Text to other folders within Open Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohanCh

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2017
AU
thread862-1641661

We are attempting to move documents from one folder to another within Open Text. The Object Importer does not seem to provide any option for this. The document volume is between 25000-30000. Is there any easier way to do this? Please, can you help or suggest alternatives?

25000 Documents,what Database? are you wanting copy or move? what if you go to an unused server,login in a browser and try to move,if you can chunk it suitably like starting from a deeper folder etc creating the path does it not work? I dont think 25000 items is a big number for Oracle or sqlserver.

Another way might be like this
If this is your source folder Enterprise:Source Folder
Create a OE script saying you want a recursive dump of Enterprise:Source Folder giving a destination path where all documents can be assembled

Now open up the txt files,these are the OI files for import and edit this path in all the files to Enterprise:Target Folder
when all the files have been brought into target go and delete the source folder and purge.

Another way might be create a csv file using a database tool that lists all children under Enterprise:Source Folder only dataid is needed but you can pull name,path etc so that it looks logical.

Configure on IIS or TC a webservices end point(10 mins max)

Create a Java clinet or .net client using one of these samples form OT I would probably pick the download sample and make it work just to make sure CWS stuff is working.Then if you know the rudimntarty concepts a node can be found by giving the dataid which you have in your csv file

so a object can be moved by docManClient.MoveNode( srcnode,newlocation); run that in a loop for all the others ...

Check my first link here I have shown renaming a node here you might want to change that to Move...

Similar things you can do by webreports as well.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back