Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving entire NICE site to new VLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICETadpole

Technical User
Aug 28, 2013
ZA
Hi everybody.
I am new to this and am quite excited about the level of expertise available on this site. This site has been a long time coming.

To my question.
I am moving a "whole NICE site" to a new VLAN. IC's, Sc's, DB and loggers etc. Is there a document to explain the pitfalls and what to prepare for like losing "channel mappings" / "Monitored devices" etc. Even a bit of advice or mentoring would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I could not find what I was looking for but still looking.

Hello TAD.

IMHO Essentially a VLAN change in the network will affect the system mostly if the recording method is passive, and the port miroring is made VLAN based.

other thing that you should consider is the utilization of ports among nice servers its a long lists of ports that should be open among servers, and between servers and workstations, the document is called "design considerations" available on nice portal.

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back