Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Emails from one folder to another through code

Status
Not open for further replies.

GammelNok

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
US
Hi
I have successfully linked my Access application to a specific Email folder in Outlook.
Now I need to move the email to a diffrent folder once the content has been processed.
Any idea anyone
Regards
Hans

You could try this reference to the Outlook Object model for a starter. Haven't looked into this myself so can't be anymore help.

Doh! Third attempt at posting the correct response!

What I meant to say was, try searching the Microsoft site for the Outlook Object Model. You may need to go to msdn.microsoft.com though a search from anywhere should work. Just tested this and it came up with a Outlook Object Model right at the top.

You could instead search using as I did. This could bring up other useful links.

Hi GammelNok
I am trying to import all items from a specific folder in outlook to a access table.

Can you tell me how you connected to a folder in outlook

Thanks
Dandl
[bigears]

From within Access, Choose File | Get external Data | Link
Then choose File type: Exchange and you should be looking at your Microsoft Outlook Folders
Select any one

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back