Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving data into Excel from Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberH

Programmer
Jun 10, 2002
CA
Hi All!
I'm looking for advice on the best way to do this...
I have an Access database with a bunch of Yes/No fields and a few text fields.
I have an Excel spreadsheet, where I need to summarize, and
pull all fields containing 'yes' into the excel
spreadsheet, with the push of a button.
I'm not even sure where to start with this.
Any advice?
Thanks!
amber

I've come to appreciate this method, though there are other ways.

Go to (in Excel) Data, Get External Data, Create New Query, select Access and then follow the wizard's prompts.

Thanks,
I was thinking of that, but what I need is to have it totally automated. I'm creating this for other users, and I want the basically to hit a button, and have Excel go out and get all the relevant data from Access.
Possible?
Thanks,
amber

I think that recording a macro that ran through the steps of executing your query via this method would do the job. You could either run it from the macros folder or assign the macro to a button that you've built using the forms toolbar. You could really build this to the point that they open a switchboard with predesigned buttons, click the appropriate ones which execute a macro of your design, and even take it to the point of printing it after it executes. Dunno if this is helping or adding confusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back