Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving current running backup to another drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmwut5

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
GB
I never been able to do this but I thought I'd ask to see if was possible.
I have a silo with 10 drives (1-10)
A backup of a notes machine that runs to 100Gb is currently 65Gb through. For the first 64Gb the backup wrote to dlt drive 9 at approxiamtely 7MB/s which is good. When the tape in drive 9 became full. Legato used a tape in dlt drive 2 and is now writing a 500KB/s.

Is there a way without restarting the backup to make legato stop using dlt drive 2 (as I think the drive has a problem) and use another dlt drive ?

Regards

Paul

No there is no way, to move the backup to another drive.

an I ask what brand of drives/jukebox you use? I'm having similar problems and I believe I have narrowed it down to a jukebox error.

If you have a StorageTek 9710 with the latest firmware, you should try to force a clean on the drive to get it re-calibrated. We used to have too many cleanings, but the latest firmware was installed and has over compensated the other way. The drives (DLT7000's) don't clean as often as they should. After a forced clean using the jukebox panel to specify the drive, they often start writing at normal speeds. If not, I have the drive replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back