Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Columns in a Cross Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpitc

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2009
GB
I have created a crosst tab report which show totals for monthly periods with the Total of all figures. My problem is the Cross Tab pout the Total at the beginning of the report before all the periods so I have this

Total P1 P2 P3 etc....
Rows 1200 1000 1000 1000

I want the Total to be at the end of the Periods (P1, P2 etc...) I cannot find a way to swap the columns round. Does anyone know a way to do this please. Version of Crystal is 2008.

Also is there a way where it as P1 P2 etc.... to rename them January Februaury etc..... Not important but would make the report look nicer.

Thanks

Go into the customize style tab in the crosstab expert and uncheck "Row Totals on Left"--at least that is how you would do it in XI.

-LB

"Also is there a way where it as P1 P2 etc.... to rename them January Februaury etc..... Not important but would make the report look nicer."

Right-click in the top-left cell of the Cross-tab and left-click Cross-tab Expert
In the "Columns:" section, click on your Period Field
Click on Group options
A Cross-Tab Group options window will open - click on the Option tab
Click to add a check to Customize GFroup Field name
Click the "Use a Formula as Group name" buttom
Click on the x-2 button to enter a formula to rename.

Donal Fleming
flemingtechnical.com

Hi

Ibass thanks that worked for the moving the Total figure.

Flamard - For renaming the period could you give me an example of the forumul required. Thanks

You could use a case statement like:

select {table.period}
case "P1" : "January"
case "P2" : "February"
case "P3" : "March"
//etc.

Use flemard's instructions to get to the customize groupname formula area.

-LB

For teh Cross Tab report it fills two pages , does any know a way to make so it fits on one page.

Thanks

Do you mean vertically or horizontally (virtual pages)? One method you can try is to uncheck "show cell margins" in the customize style tab. You can also resize the width of columns by grabbing the cell boundaries and dragging.

-LB

It is horinzontally, if goes over 2 pages and one would be prefaired.

Thanks

In a crosstab all the details columns have to be same width, but you can resize one column and the othes will follow. Resise so they all fit on one page. Just make sure the numbers aren't too big and get truncated.
Set the values (format number) to NOT have field clipping.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Ok thanks for the replies.

The solution for renaming the Periods as worked very, do you know how to make all the columns centred though, they are left aligned at the moment.

The resizing of the columns worked when I turned off the "Show Cell Margins". This makes the text look a little smal but gets it all on one page. If I click on the cross tab it does not allow me to select a colum to drag them to a size. Any ideas what I am doing wrong, I click on the tab so it is all selected adn then over the mouse over a column line, the only mouse icon I get is to move the entire thing.

Thanks

Hi

I have worked out to centre the names of the months on the columns.

I also managed to click on the cell and then resize it but this then sends it back to 2 pages.

I have sorted the 2 inital problems and have it all on the page now.

A new proble I have just noticed, I have a graph but it still says P1, P2, P3. Where can I change this so it now reads as the cross tab Jan, Fed, Mar etc.......

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back