Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving clusters to a new subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic

MIS
Nov 20, 2000
GB
Hi all,

I need to move 3 clusters (Exchange, SQL and File) from 1 subnet to another and assign new IP addresses. I know where I need to change IP addresses etc, but how risky is this? Has anyone done this and any 'gotchas' I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Martyn

I've done this and had only 1 issue, for a short time after it was done the old IP address of one of the IP address resources would put itself back in the registry (had to then change it in the registry to the new value) but after a while it stopped happening. I never figured out exactly what was going on.

Aside from that no problem at all

Paul
MCSE

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

no issues doing this, its the same as moving a non clustered server.

Thanks both, for your replies. I guessed that it would be OK, but it's nice to get it confirmed from someone who has actually done it.

Best wishes

Martyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back