Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving cards from Opt11C to MG1010 - is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2017
US
I just had the top half of an Opt11C cabinet die, but we have a spare MG1010 cabinet. Is it possible to just move the cards over if they're put in the same slot numbers? Will any re-configuration be required?

Thank you so much for any advice you can provide.

Edit: I just wanted to update this post with some new information. I called a knowledgeable tech I know and he informed me the MG1010 can take every card an Opt11C can except a high-capacity (48 port) digital line card. We unfortunately have that card in this 11C so we're going with just replacing the top part of the cabinet. I wanted to keep this post up in case it helps anyone else in the future.

I'm assuming you have an Option 11 Chassis not a cabinet? Correct? The Chassis Power Supplies fail fairly frequently and are not field replaceable unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back