Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving BOE from one server to Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

TashiraT

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2012
GB
Hi there.

I have Enterprise XI that is connected to SQL Server. I need to move the SQL server backend from its current SQL Server as the hardware is failing so I want to copy the database over to a new SQL server. Is there any way to point the Enterprise front end to the new SQL server?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Tash

I don't have an XI environment handy, but the steps would be similar to this:

Create empty database on the new server (and an additional empty database for auditing, if you use it).

Create DSN's on your BOE server which point to the new databases.

In the CCM, on the configuration tab you should see a section for CMS, and a button that I believe is labeled Specify. Clicking it should give you three options, named something like:

Recreate the current data source

Use a different data source

Migrate to different data source

The migrate option will create all the tables in the empty database, then transfer all the data from the existing database into the new database.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I think it will be fairly obvious once you take a look. Naturally take a complete backup of the existing database before doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back