Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a TN750C around ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcoguy

MIS
Dec 5, 2001
NL
Anyone know if it possible to record announcements on definity A with a TN750C board, then take the board out the switch and move it to definity B without problems?
What about the assigned extensions, do they need to match ?

Thanks

Rob

I take it you mean different sites ?

If so the TN750C will store the announcements to the on- board flash card (make sure to back it up).

Once this is done you can move it from site A, and install to site B. The announcement number length must match the dial plan at site B.

I wouldn't alter the numbers of the announcements to suit your dial plan, if you try you could lose them.

I think you need to add the card to the circuit-packs but the Definity may pick this up when you slot the card in.

Add the board in the Data module field with a unique extn number of it's own, again matching your dial plan.

That should be about it. You can see it in "LIST DATA-MODULE" or "LIST EXTENSION-TYPE TYPE DATA-EXTENSION".

Regards,

haico.

Yes this will work but there are a few things
to look at before you do this

I would do a change circuit-packs and add the card.
then assign the data module and the same announcements numbers to definity B
but when you do this you have to look first in definity A
and do a list integrated-annc-boards
now you see the internal number of the announcements.
make sure that for example in definity A
internal number 1 = extension 4001 welcome
internal number 2 = extension 4003 closed
internal number 5 = extension 4004 all busy
Now when you add extension 4004 in definity B it must be on internal number 5

you can do it like this, add announcements
extension name
4001 welcome
4003 closed
4099 dummy
4098 dummy
4004 all bussy

when all doen you can remove the dummy's

Sometimes when you remove a extension the internal number become free, when you add in definity B the same announcements the internal number have to be free too

When this is all done i would insert the circuit pack in definity B

If you do it like this you can also do a restore from the flascard if you would like

Greets, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back