Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anumet

Technical User
Jun 25, 2004
NO
I have two images open. One BMP and one XCF with two layers (background and layer1).

I select an area from the BMP. Press Ctrl+c to copy. Switch to the XCF-file. Make sure that Layer1 is selected. Press CTRL+V to paste.

So far so good.

After this I use the selection tool to select the newly pasted area. Then I click the Move tool, and ask it transform the selection. However, doing this I end up moving only the selection box - not the graphics added to the layer.

The help file tells me that I should hold down ALT to move the frame only, -but I'm NOT holding down ALT - so why is it still only moving the frame?

I'm certain that the pasted graphics are on the correct layer. If I choose Transform Layer under the Move tool, I can move the whole layer just fine.

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I move just my selection?

Have your tried clicking and dragging the newly pasted area without going to the move tool first? I think that a newly pasted area is moveable by doing that until you unselect it or anchor it.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back