Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a Nortel BCM 1000 MSC card

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcdominic

Vendor
May 1, 2006
US
I have a customer that had two locations. BCM 1000 at both. They closed the second location a few months back and stored their BCM.

The Main Location's Hard drive is now dead. They also have a bad fan on the main cabinet.

I am going to just fireup and use the other BCM to get them back up and running for Voicemail. I cn still see all the voice programming through the telephones.

If I move the MSC card from the main Box to the replacement box.. will telephone programming follow?

I know the Hard drive data is gone ( VM, autoattendant, etc...)

But this would save me a little time.

I know I can access and view both systems telephony data at the same time, and programming would not be to difficult.. but with a PRI and lots of Target lines... its such a pain.

Please advise,

Dominic

Telephony is stored on the MSC card, along with the keycodes as they are tied to this.
Do both systems have the same licences for v/m etc?

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Also be aware that there is a specific procedure for changing out the MSC card

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

The proceedure is available to me I think on the Nortel website ( Hielmsman)....

they do not have exact matching keycodes....

You can move the MSC but make sure you have the keycodes handy. Once you move the MSC to the "new" bcm it will come up with the existing programming, however the sekur file will not match...so you will need to reenter the keycodes manually...once you do that you are back in business.

Also, if the software levels don't match on these two bcm 1000 i would recommend you do a core load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back