Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a Digital Phone from one TN to Another via keypad (181....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteRob

MIS
Oct 6, 2015
CA
Hello,

We have been able to type in a number sequence on the keypads of digital phones for years that would mov a digital phone from one TN to another.

We'd pick up the handset, dial a code starting with 181#### (not sure if the last part of this code is a password) and then after receiving a solid beep you could unplug the phone, walk it over to another jack, plug it in, and it would "MOV" to that TN.

I'm not sure what this is actually called, we called it "parking" a phone.

Anyway, we recently had a big move in our office and some other staff went around to a bunch of phones and "parked" them all. They then ran into an issue where the phones wouldn't unpark (or "MOV") to the new TN.

Now when you try to park any digital phone using the key sequence 181####, all you get is a fast busy.

Does anyone know what this is called and maybe how to fix it without restarting the CS1000? When I google this I'm coming up empty.

Thanks!

It's called "Set Relocation" and can be a very dangerous tool if not used properly as you have just found out. Too many people were doing it at the same time and hosed everything up. An INI or possibly even a Sysload might fix it. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back