Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving a DFS share from one volume to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvdeep

Technical User
Apr 25, 2012
CA
Hi All,

I have a pretty simple task that I am trying to accomplish but don't have much experience with DFS. We are using Windows small business server 2008 and have setup DFS between this server and another running the same OS. We have an administration share and a projects share that we setup in DFS. The volume (c) is getting full and I am going to move the projects share to another hard drive (d) we put in the server. I though it was going to be as simple as disabling the projects share in DFS and moving the folder to the new volume, setup the share and tell DFS where the new target is. Once replication is working I can remove the old share from the C drive.

The problem is when I copy the c:\projects share to the new volume (d)...I only get half of it copied. It is 40 GB but only 20 GB copies. Is there another way I should be doing this??

Please any help is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back