Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Movieplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

lild304

Technical User
May 17, 2003
US
I did not know where else to turn for help so I hope this doesn't seem like a stupid question to all of you. Somehow movieplace was installed onto my computer. I'm not sure what it is or how it got there but I found it in the process of clearing my computer of xupiter. I tried to uninstall movieplace and nothing happened. Is there some other way to get rid of it? I am totally lost on this one.

Dialer installed on the internet Installs DownloadWare, MediaCharger\MoviePlace, WebInstall, vitalix, and Macromedia. The fine print: 'USING THIS SERVICE WILL RESULT IN A ONE-TIME CHARGE OF $34.95 FROM 'ICS900.COM' FOR A 900 CALL ON YOUR NORMAL TELEPHONE BILL. THE CALL WILL APPEAR ON YOUR PHONE BILL AS A PREMIUM RATE CHARGE. Once connected to the service you will be directed to a Web page that will generate a unique username and password that allows you access to the Web site for a period of 30 days. Once you have accessed your username and password you MUST reconnect to your local ISP. At the end of the subscription period, the software will automatically prompt a renewal reminder. Your acceptance of the reminder re-subscribes you to the service and binds you to these terms and conditions. For billing questions or customer service inquiries please visit our customer service Web site that is located at
This malware can be removed by Pest Patrol. Likely others.

Xupiter is bad, bad, bad news. These people should be arrested and put in jail. I am dead serious. the faster you get rid of it the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back