Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOVEDB not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamason

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
I am trying to move a tape from one media server to another by isunf bmedia -movedb, bit I am getting an error message "server not allowed" access. I am tring this from the master and also from the 2 media involved. What am I missing?

Stumpr, thanks for the reply. I do have that doc but Iams till getting the error 'server not allowed acccess'.

In the properties tab of the each media server are they each listed under server tab?

Grey, these 2 media servers have been around for a while. Exactly what do you want me to check? I am ready for your suggestions.

On windows, not sure if that is what you have....
NetBackup Management>Host Properties>Media Server>Double click media server in question to view it's Host Properties...Under the Server tab make sure all media servers are listed. Repeat process for other media server in question. This allows one media server to have access to another.

Grey,

I think you solved it. Can I add the servers from the media server or do I have to do it from the master server?

You can touch all media servers from the Master Server GUI. or perform the task from the media server itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back