Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moved mail file can't move back

Status
Not open for further replies.

999Dom999

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Short version - Mail file moved to server, then moved back but the server it moved to still thinks its there and delivers emails to it. In domino admin for both servers it says the right server in my person document. Is there somewhere else that tells the server where the mail file resides?

Long Version:

We have two servers mail and blackberry running 6.5.1 a really long time ago we ran out of space on the mail server so I moved my mail file to the blackberry server. After changing disk on the mail server I tried moving it back and it failed with errors. In the end not sure how but copied my mail file back (I think from a backup) on the mail server and all worked ok.

The problem I have had ever since is that the blackberry server still routes emails sent via blackberry handsets to my mail file on the blackberry server not the mail server. I have a mail file on the blackberry server which forwards all mail to my personal account as a work around.

I really need to fix this, somewhere on the blackberry server its set to route mail to a local mail file and not the mail server, I don't where this is stored, any ideas how to change this? (In domino admin for both servers it says the correct server in my person document. Is there somewhere else that tells the server where the mail file resides?)

Check the blackberry server config. When you open BB Manager, select your server and double-click your profile. Look under Message Redirection (FYI, my entry is blank).

Thanks I had a look there but can only see the screen attached, which is the same for everyone. At the time I deleted my BB user profile and all associated databases. I have since deleted my user a number of times for setting up new handsets. I don't think its a BB issue more where the domino server is deciding to send the emails.

http://217.204.73.226/bb.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back