Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moved files to new hdd, and deleted by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrackDown

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2002
GB
I moved some data to a new drive and then formatted the new drive without realising I had moved my data instead of copying. And now I can't retrieve the data from either drive. I have been using Easy Recovery....but it's not easy!

Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks.

my suggestion is to not use easy recovery any more. you have to be really careful when using that particular program because you have a giant chance of completely corrupting your data. if the data didnt come out really easily then you may or may not have already corrupted your lost data. check out the links portion of this forum and look under commercial vendors. there are some great data recovery companies there my suggestion is the one titled "data recovery for all your needs"

lemme know what else is happening and ill see if i can help you out.

completely corrupted

jc

"winning isnt everything, yeah right, hold my buckle while i kiss your girlfriend."

Easy recovery might have done more damage than letting a professional attempt recovery. There is a possibility that you may have overwritten the data more than once and that there is nothing to recover.

However, it also comes to the bottom line as 'how valuable is the data' is whether you try to recover it youself or pay a prefesional. You could purchase one of several software programs, however, that could both be beneficial or disasterous.

Without a realy working knowledge of hard drives, i'd leave to the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back