Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moved Data to SQL Server - Hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorwilliams2

Programmer
Mar 3, 2003
US
I have moved my data to SQL Server 2008 (Access 2003 front end)
and have worked out most of the glitches involved with the move.

One problem remains, hyperlinks.
With Access no longer handling links, the display and functinality of my links are gone.

I have managed to code around a lot of these, but it does not seem to end.

Does anybody know of a good function that addresses a situation like this?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

What about the FollowHyperlink method ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

That is what I am using right now, with a few tweaks to make it work. The problem is also display related, an address like
trevorwilliams2@abc.com is now "trevorwilliams2@abc.com#trevorwilliams2@abc.com"
The email actually opens with the address displayed like this.

a path is now: G:\MS Office Data\AL - ALESCO\AL010\E - ENTITIES\Market rev 4 bid out.xls#G:\MS Office Data\AL - ALESCO\AL010\E - ENTITIES\Market rev 4 bid out.xls

web address have become: # (along with a few other variations)

FollowHyperlink does not work for all of these without a little help, and coding around all of these has become a bit of a Kludge.

I looking to see if somebody has come up with a function to handle a scenario like this.

I think that I may have solved my own problem here.

If you have an existing text box with what used to be a link be a link before converting to SQL try this:

If you try changing the Is Hyperlink property of the text box yes it might fix the display properties but the link still will not work.

The secret is to create a new text box.
Do not cut and paste from an existing text box.

Set the Is Hyperlink property of the new text box first, then assign the control source. Form view click on the link and should be up and running.

I have tried this in a few places and it seems to have fixed the linkage and display problem. I will post back if I run into anything...

I'd look the help for HyperlinkPart in order to understand the # ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Just got done updating my DB and it worked all around.

Strange how Access (2003) forces you to create a new text box to get around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back