Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moved and Deleted Messages Coming Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxschech

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
I've been trying to clean up my inbox, moving messages to folders created in the Eudora section (not <Dominant>). Other messages I am deleting either via Delete Key or by clicking on Trash Icon. A few moments later, the messages reappear in my inbox, all my work for naught.

I tried deleting trash and compacting mail boxes exiting and reopening Eudora. Going through and deleting a second time, and same thing happens. After the third time, I give up. Plus it is hard remembering which items I wanted to delete and which I wanted to move without having to reread the messages (About 30).

Do you flag them to be deleted from the server? I have had this problem, but it was usually on the ISP's end that kept resending them to me. However, if you say to delete from server, they should go away.

Don't know if I flagged. What I had done was either click on a message and drag it from inbox to another mailbox folder to move a message, or click on the message and press the delete key or click on trash icon to delete a message. The email service (not sure if it is considered an ISP) is in house. Where would I locate the delete from server option? I looked in tools options, but perhaps didn't look in the right spot as didn't see it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back