Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'move' the parent(MDI) when I reposition the popup window

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamarw

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
US
Hello Everyone!
I have a little problem I cannot find any information on. I have popup forms in msaccess. I would like to 'move' the parent(MDI) when I reposition the popup window with the mouse so that the MDI never becomes visible and follows the shape and position of the popup form. Is this doable?

If I understand you correctly, then – in my opinion - you are trying to change the behavior of how Windows environment works. If I have a Form, and another ‘pop-up’ Form on top of the first one, I may want to move the pop-up form to see information on my original Form. You want to prevent this to happen.

If you want to cover completely the first Form and move it with the pop-up form, why don’t you make your first Form.Visible = False when you use a pop-up? Then, when pop-up is gone, just show the first Form.

Have fun.

---- Andy

Hi Andrzejek,
Thanks for your response. The 'first form' that your referring to is actually MSAccess with no form showing. All the forms are popup but not modal. What I would like to do is programmatically completely cover the empty MDI with whatever form is showing not by moving the popup but by repositioning the empty MDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back