Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move spam to Junk E-mail folder based on X-Spam-Status header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalchri

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
Hello,

I have recently installed SpamAssassin as an SMTP proxy in front of my Exchange server. SpamAssassin does not filter spam email, instead, it just identifies it. It can do this one of two ways. The first is that it adds a header to the email message:

X-Spam-Status: YES (or NO)

Second, it can optionally tag the subject line starting it off with [SPAM] for example.

I've already got Outlook moving [SPAM] tagged subjects into the Junk E-mail folder by using a rule. What I would like to do instead is to utilize the X-Spam-Status header and also do this on the server without a client rule for each of my users.

Anyone know how to do this? I am a C# programmer and can create custom code if necessary. Do you have to do this using custom code with CDO or is there some stock way to accomplish this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back