Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move records up and down within list of records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat

Technical User
Aug 26, 2001
SE
Hi,
In my CMS that I have used for a client I allow them to add several content pieces to one page. As it is now they add a content piece to a page by selecting the content and the id of the content oand the page is inserted to tblPAGE in ACCESS.

On the front end I have a repeat region that lists all this content pieces.

I would like to allow my client to order these content pieces, in the admin, by clicking up and down arrows next to the content name.

How can I achive this? As it is now they have to remove them and add themin the right order.

Thanks!

Use another table in the db to store the display order would be the easiest I would think.

btw, I take it a repeat region is some 'magic' tool in DW, if so you may have to write a bit of code instead.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

u could show returned recordset(table) in layer....then vertiacally scroll the layer to go through the records...
or should this post read "How to make a Shopping Cart"?
many samples/extentions are out there, depends on your platform and programming language...
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back